Privacy and Security Policy
Last Updated February 3, 2019
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Steve Quick Jeweler ("Company," "we," "us," or "our). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practies with regards to your personal information, please contact us at
What Information Do We Collect?
Personal information you disclose to us.
In short: we collect personal information that you provide to us, such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data, and payment information.
We collect personal information that you voluntariily provide to us when registering at the sites expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the sites or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interaction with us and the sites, the choices you make and the products nad features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data: We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
Credentials: We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Payment Data: We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor, and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information Automatically Collected
In short: Some information - such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics - is collected automatically when you visit our sites.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information), but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and wen you use our sites and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our sites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Information Collected from Other Sources
In short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information, marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
How Do We Use Your Information?
In short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our sites for a variety of purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contraact with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collecte from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process.
- To send you marekting and promotional communications. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time, by clicking the link at the bottom of any email.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service, and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns and exchanges made through the sites.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our sites that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us at
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our sites.
- To protect our sites. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our sites safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other business purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our sites, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
Will Your Information Be Shared with Anyone?
In short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers: We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the sites. These companies may use information about your visits to our sites and other sites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Do We USe Google Maps?
In short: Yes, we use Google Maps for the purpose of providing better service.
By using our Maps API Implementation, you agree to be bound by Google's Terms of Service. By using our implementation of the Google Maps APIs, you agree to allow us to gain access to information about you including personally identifiable information (such as usernames) and non-personally identifiable information (such as location). We will be collecting the following information:
- Geographical Location
For a full list of what we use information for, please see the previous sections entitled HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION? and WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
The Maps APIs that we use store and access cookies and other information on your devices. If you are a user currently in the European Union, please take a look at our EU User Consent Policy.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How Do We Keep Your Information Safe?
In short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
Do We Collect Information from Minors?
In short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the sites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to the minor dependent's use of the sites. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware that we have collected data from children under age 18, please contact us at
What Are Your Privacy Rights?
In short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information, and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To mak such a request, please use the contact details provided at the bottom of this policy. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can log into your account settings and update your user account information.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookeis and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our sites. To opt out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our sites, visit: http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe or "update profile" link in the emails that we send, or by contact us using the contact details at the bottom of this policy. You will then be removed from the marketing email list. However, we will still need to send your service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account.
Controls for Do-Not-Track Features
Do California Residents Have Specific Privacy Rights?
In short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine the Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the sites, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the sites. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the sites. But please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
Do We Make Updates to This Policy?
In short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
How Can You Contact Us About This Policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), Tiffany Jackson, by email at
Steve Quick Jeweler
c/o Tiffany Jackson
1658 Milwaukee Ave.
Chicago, IL 60647
If you have any further questions or comments, you may also contact us by post at the following corporate address:
Steve Quick Jeweler
2471 N. Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60614
Phone: +1 773 404 0034